Thirst and Vine, which opened in early 2010 has grown from being just a wine and cheese bar with limited menu items to becoming a wine bistro with a full bar and menu. The bistro will now add Sunday brunch to its menu this morning.
The Thirst and Vine is located in the space that formerly housed JP’s Café and Jean-Pierre’s and is owned by the Nehrings who previously ran Sommelier’s Palette (now closed).
Below is a preview of the new brunch menu: (Please note that all prices were accurate at the time this blog was posted.
- Crepes: Choice of 3: Scrambled Egg, bacon, ham, tomato, mushroom, artichoke hearts, and Cheddar or Gruyere cheese – $8.95
- Savory Rosemary Crusted Tartlet: filled with the Chef’s choice of the week; please ask your server – $8.95
- Frittatas (the open-faced omelet): 3 eggs, with your choice of 3: onions, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, bacon, artichoke hearts, and olives. Topped with Parmesan cheese and served with breakfast potatoes – $8.95
- Stuffed French Toast: French toast stuffed with mascarpone, strawberries, and candied walnuts. Served with local, 100% real maple syrup – $9.95
- The T&V Breakfast Sandwich: Egg, cheese & bacon or Sausage on an English Muffin with breakfast potatoes – $8.95
- Crispy Prosciutto Eggs Benedict: An English muffin topped with poached eggs, crispy prosciutto and our homemade Hollandaise sauce. Substitute ham, or spinach & tomato – $9.95
- Lucky Lox: An English muffin topped with thinly sliced salmon with red onion, cream cheese, tomatoes, & capers – $12.95
- Two Eggs: Cooked just the way you like, choice of bacon, sausage or ham. Served with breakfast potatoes and toast or an English muffin – $8.95
- Nell’s English Breakfast: Fried Eggs, Bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans, toast & breakfast potatoes – $9.95
- Corned Beef Hash: Homemade corned beef hash, served with two eggs and toast- $9.95
- Breakfast Patty Melt: Char-grilled ground sirloin burger, topped with cheese, bacon and sunny side-up egg, on a bun or toast. Served with your choice of breakfast potatoes or pomme frittes- $9.95
Thirst and Vine’s brunch beverages include freshly squeezed OJ, Bloody Mary’s, Mimosa’s, Irish coffee, and more.
Hours: Sunday Brunch served from 10am-3pm then its regular menu is served 3pm to 9pm; Tuesday – Thursday: 11am – 10pm and Friday – Saturday: 11am – 11pm.
Thirst & Vine
4330 North Oakland Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53211