Mardi Gras is French for “Fat Tuesday”, referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday.
Here is a list of area restaurants that are celebrating Fat Tuesday.
Please note: We will continue to update this page as new specials come in…
Ambassador Hotel | 2308 W. Wisconsin Ave. | 414-345-5015
- Today they’re offering a “Cajun Angel”. It’s a bacon wrapped, blackened prawn served over a bed of spinach and endive dressed with red pepper vinaigrette and crostini
Bosley on Brady | 815 East Brady Street | 414-727-7975
- Red beans & rice with fried shrimp. Cajun jambalya, Shrimp & Grits, and Hurricane drink specials. Happy hour begins at 3pm today.
Crawdaddy’s | 6414 W Greenfield Ave | 414-778-2228
- Join Crawdaddy’s for what it calls its ‘biggest party’ of the year, Fat Tuesday. They will be celebrating this event with great food and drink specials. Don’t miss hourly prize giveaways and free authentic Mardi Gras beads. Live Music from Matt Hendricks. Dont forget to call ahead for priority seating.
Ian’s Pizza Milwaukee | 2035 E. North Ave. | 414-727-9200
- Weekly special: The Cajun Ratatoullie has fresh bell peppers, celery, onions, squash, eggplant, tomato, and cajun seasoning.
Leff’s Lucky Town | 7208 W. State St. | 414-258-9886
- Specials all day and night on Po’ Boy Sammys, Gumbo, and Jambalaya. ’Can, Can’ with a pair of Schlabst and $2.50 Leinies all night long. Enjoy $5.00 Hurricanes starting at 4pm.
- In true Milwaukee Cupcake Company style, they have Packzi-inspired cupcakes for Fat Tuesday; they are a cinnamon spice cake filled with strawberry filling, rolled in cinnamon & sugar.
Mulligans Irish Pub & Grill | 8933 S 27th Street | 414-304-0300
- Shrimp Po boys, andouille sausage and chicken jambalaya with red beans and rice, seafood gumbo and $4.00 hurricanes.
Rock Bottom | 740 N Plankinton Ave. | 414-276-3030
- Did someone say Craw fish Boil? Join Rock Bottom for the tapping of the Mardi Gras Saison today at 6pm. Come enjoy this awesome beer brewed by Adam Dawson, the champion of the Schooner Home Brew Contest. This tapping is only $10 and includes free Saison, craw fish dinner, a Saison pint glass and beads. Call for more details 414-276-3030.
Shakers Milwaukee | 422 S 2nd St. | 414-272-4222
- 1/2 price select Point beer products and Mardi Gras Ale.Also award-winning Jambalaya, Voodoo Shrimp & Red Beans ‘n Rice. Mighty nice Music, Jeni & Meghan behind the sticks. 90 miles from Chicago and 1,422 klicks from N’Orleans.
- We have some delicious specials for you today. First is a chicken cordon bleu with choice of side. Breaded chicken breast, roasted shave pork loin, ham with melted swiss cheese and our house swiss sauce on a piccolo roll. Second is a Cajun jambalaya with peppers, rice, andouille sausage, pulled chicken and shrimp in a tomato creole sauce