Mark your calendar right now for Dining Out For Life 2009.. it’s next Thursday (All day), April 30.
Enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner or late night drinks and food at the following participating Milwaukee area restaurants and 25% of your bill will go directly to One Heartland.
One Heartland is a national non-profit organization committed to greatly improving the lives of children, youth and their families impacted by HIV/AIDS and other significant life challenges worldwide.
Participating Restaurants Include:
Classic Slice Pizza
Hector’s On Delaware
Red Onion Cafe
Yardarm Bar & Grill
Balistreri’s Bluemound Inn
Balistreri’s Italian American Ristorante
Charcoal Grill – New Berlin
Dopps Bar & Grill
Hector’s – A Mexican Restaurant
Leff’s Lucky Town
North Star American Bistro – Brookfield
Saz’s State House
Schlotzsky’s – West Allis
Schlotzsky’s – Brookfield
Schlotzsky’s – Menomonee Falls
Schlotzsky’s – Oconomowoc
Senor Luna – New Berlin
Anaba Tea Room
Carini’s La Conca d’Oro
Centennial Bar & Grille
Charcoal Grill – Grafton
Harry’s Bar & Grill
Harvey’s Central Grille
Highland House – Mequon
Libby Montana Bar, Restaurant & Volleydome
Milwaukee Ale House Grafton
Nisleit’s Country Inn
North Shore Bistro
North Star American Bistro – Shorewood
Schlotzsky’s – Brown Deer
Senor Luna – Grafton
John Hawks Pub
Libiamo Restaurant & Hall
Metro Bar & Cafe
Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery
Vecchio Bar & Grille
Hi Hat Lounge
Sala da Pranzo
Third Ward/Walker’s Point
Milwaukee Ale House
Mona’s: Milwaukee Out-N-About
Nanakusa Japanese Restaurant
River Front Pizzeria Bar & Grill
Sobelman’s Pub & Grill
Steny’s Tavern & Grill
Third Ward Caffe
The Wicked Hop
La Perla Restaurant
River Front Pizzeria Bar & Grill
One Heartland Quick Facts:
- In 1993, Camp Heartland was founded by then 22-year-old Neil Willenson of Wisconsin
- Camp Heartland is the largest camping and care program for children who experience HIV/AIDS. Over 75 percent of Camp Heartland’s participants live in poverty.
- Camp Heartland is a national program that welcomes children from 40 different states.
- As most of the children cannot afford tuition, through the generosity of thousands of individuals, corporations and foundations, Camp Heartland’s programs and services are provided free of charge to all participants
- One Heartland operates camps in California, New York and Minnesota and has begun an international expansion.
- Since 1994, One Heartland’s Journey of Hope AIDS Awareness Program has traveled throughout the United States on a mission of increasing HIV awareness, prevention, education and testing. The speakers on the tour are children affected by HIV, poverty and other challenges.
- One Heartland annually serves thousands of suffering and at-risk children in the United States including those who experience poverty, HIV/AIDS, grief, foster care, Tourette’s Syndrome, and other obstacles.
- On April 1, 2008, after completing a strategic planning process, Camp Heartland chose to expand its mission and vision and form an umbrella organization entitled One Heartland. One Heartland will operate all of our programs including Camp Heartland, Birch Family Alliance, Camp Pacific Heartland, Journey of Hope AIDS Awareness programs, Global Heartland, the Heartland Institute and more.
For more information please visit http://www.oneheartland.org or contact Jessica Whitney at 1-800-724-HOPE.