Update: September 18, 2010: Congrats to Chef David Piette from Sabor! This year’s winner of the East Town’s Battle of the Chefs.
Don’t worry if you slept in this morning and you thought you missed the final Battle of the Chefs. The East Town Association rescheduled its final chef showdown today for next Saturday, September 18th due to the rain.
Each week, four chefs were given a total of 45 minutes to create a dish using only a basic pantry, a mystery basket and items that they can purchase from the farmer market vendors. The 2010 Battle of the Chefs season featured three heats with four chefs each and with the winners from each heat returning to the final battle.
Here is the recap of this years competitors:
Saturday, July 31st- 10:30-noon
- ** WINNER ** Tomas White Jr, Executive Chef/Owner, Mia Famiglia Ristorante
- Jeremy Hoch, Head Chef, Moct
- James Barnes, Sous Chef, Coquette Cafe
- David Zakrocymski, Executive Chef, Kilawat
Saturday, August 14th- 10:30-noon
- Suzzette Metcalfe, Executive Chef, The Pasta Tree
- ** WINNER ** David Piette, Executive Chef, Sabor
- Peter Sandori, Executive Chef, La Merenda
- Jose Mendoza, Executive Chef, Charro
Saturday, August 28th- 10:30-noon
- Nelly Bulese, Chef de Cuisine, Milwaukee Chophouse
- Mikael Peeples, Executive Chef, Sake Tumi
- ** WINNER ** Thomas Schultz, Executive Chef, Smyth at The Iron Horse Hotel
- Aaron Bickham, Executive Chef, Umami Moto
Saturday, September 18th- 10:30-noon FINALS
- Tomas White, Jr- Executive Chef/Owner, Mia Famiglia Ristorante
- David Piette, Executive Chef, Sabor Brazilian Churrascaria
- Thomas Schultz, Executive Chef, Smyth at The Iron Horse Hotel
In addition to prestige and glory, this year’s winning chef will win a pair of Air Tran tickets!
- 2009- Jerry Garcia of Hotel Metro
- 2008 – Joey Lisowski of Zim’s
- 2007 – Mike Wolf of The Knick
- 2006 – Bob Millhoff of Yanni’s
The final season of Battle of the Chefs will take place Saturday, September 18th from 10:30am – Noon at the East Town Market in Cathedral Square Park.
The East Town Market is open every Saturday (thru October 30, 2010) from 8am – 12:30pm.